Monday, January 24, 2011

time flies!

As my husband boarded his plane for a business trip to Jamaica yesterday, I thought about how coincidental the situation was. It brought me back to 4 years ago today when the love of my life popped the big question. We had set off on a beautiful vacation to Negril, Jamaica. We spent an amazing time enjoying the sunsets, yummy food, and experiencing the Jamaican culture. The hubby might not agree, but I knew he was going to do it!
We had been in Jamaica for a few days and he still had not dropped to one knee, but I patiently waited. Then the 24th arrived and I thought "this is it" because it marked exactly 1 year to the day when we had met on a blind date. We woke up early that morning and headed to the beach where we enjoyed the warm water and the sun.
I thought this would be the perfect spot to do it, the sun, the beach, the sand... what else could you ask for? - but still nothing happened. I started to think that maybe this isn't going to be the special day I thought it was going to be. Throughout the day, I observed my hubby, who didn't seem to be nervous at all and he wasn't acting any different. As we returned to our hotel, I was surprised to hear that we had been moved to a different room. The hubby had informed me that our room had a problem and they were upgrading us to a private villa! As we arrived at the villa, I was in complete awe, it was just the cutest thing you had ever seen sitting on top of cliff looking out on the beautiful sea. The hubby and I grabbed a bottle of wine and decided to relax and watch the sunset.
Again, what better time than now to pop the question! The sun had set, and I was still left with nothing on my left hand. As we enjoyed our bottle of wine and a fabulous meal on our private cliff, I decided that I didn't need a ring, I knew it would happen someday and it didn't have to be now. We finished up dinner and the hubby said "wait, I have a little gift for you to celebrate our anniversary" at this point I was a little annoyed as we agreed we were not going to exchange gifts. I opened up a cute mug which had a really nice saying on it (I love mugs!), but then the hubby asked if I liked what was inside. I reached into the mug and pulled out a pretty little box, and as I opened it, the hubby got down on one knee and asked "will you go steady with me... forever?" In that moment, I still don't know what I was thinking, it was probably along the lines of... really? did he just ask what I think he asked?, am I drunk?...I did drink a lot of wine, oh wait, he is being serious! At that moment, I was the happiest girl on earth, it was picture perfect!
Yes, I enjoyed the wine!
The last few days spent in Jamaica were amazing, we couldn't leave without a photo op to remember the exact spot that magical moment happened. I love love love Jamaica - enjoy your time my hubby and Happy Anniversary :) Thank you for making me the happiest girl in the world!
The end to a perfect trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment