Friday, February 25, 2011

16 weeks

It is always nice to be able to look back on your pregnancy and see the progress you are making. I also love technology for allowing me the opportunity to share my pregnancy with friends and family who are out of town. Through my blog, I have been able to connect with other women who are preparing to become a mommy or who have already welcomed their new bundle of joy. I love hearing about their own journey to motherhood and all the joys and struggles they have occurred along the way. It is comforting to know you are not the only one who has ups and downs on the journey. I hope you all enjoy my weekly updates!


Weekly e-mail update: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails.
How far along?: 16 weeks
How big is baby?: The size of an avocado, 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces.
Weight gain?: I have gained 4 pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy. It is true what they say about second pregnancies- you do show a lot sooner!
Stretch marks?: Not yet.
Maternity clothes?: Still squeezing into my normal clothes, but my pants are starting to feel tight.
Food cravings?: For some reason I am in love with grapefruit.
Sleep?: Haven't had any in days- suffering from a bad cold.
Movement?: Nothing yet- hoping to feel the little one soon!
Gender?: Still deciding whether to find out or not.
Exercise?: Nada right now- maybe once I start getting some energy back.
What's been going on?: This past week I have been hit hard with a nasty cold. Lack of sleep is starting to get to me!

2 comments: