Monday, February 14, 2011

valentine's day is always full of love

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I love love love this day! I know many people are thinking "why do you like such a cheesy day?" Well, for me this day always brings so much happiness and joy. The past few years it has been filled with amazing memories I will cherish forever. I will fill you in on why I love this day so much.

On Valentine's Day 2009, I was sitting at home waiting patiently for my husband to arrive back from his business trip. As my husband came in the door I could not contain my excitement for many reasons... I knew he would be hungry, tired, and would probably want to take a hot shower but I asked him to come and join me on the couch instead. I wanted to give him his Valentine's Day gift. He asked me if we could hold off until later but I just said no, no, no open it now. As he opened some chocolates and few smaller gifts I could see him pondering why these gifts were so important to open right this second. As I gave him one last small bag, he reached inside and pulled out a pair of small booties. A big smile washed over his face as he asked me "does this mean what I think it means?" I said, "It sure does - you are going to be a daddy! That Valentine's Day, we were on cloud nine as we celebrated the hope of bringing a new life into this world.
Valentine's Day 2010 was another memorable day. The hubby and I decided to take a short trip to Valencia, Spain. Our weekend was filled with excitement as we watched our daughter experience many firsts such as riding the train, sleeping in a hotel and exploring another country. The city was full of great people, delicious food, and beautiful buildings I will never forget. I couldn't have asked for a better day than sharing it with my two favourite people in a unique city which I would love to go back and visit someday.
Now we have come to Valentine's Day 2011. Today our family would like to share something with all of you. Little Miss L. would like to announce that she is preparing to become a big sister! Our family could not be more excited that we will be adding a new member this summer. Now I hope you can see why this day has been and continues to be so special to me, and I hope there will be many more amazing memories to associate with this day. I love love love Valentine's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment