As you all know, I am in love with Greek food! If you are looking for something to go along with the fabulous tzatziki sauce you just made than look no further. I have a great tasting recipe for chicken marinade - it really is unbelievable. I opted to go with chicken because it is Little Miss L.'s favourite choice of meat and this marinade allows the chicken to become extremely tender. Give it a try and let me know what you think, will you being going Greek again?
- 4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced ( I like lots but you can scale down if you aren't a huge fan)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 red/green pepper cored and cut into chunks (optional)
- 2 large onions cut into chunks (optional)
- Clean and cut chicken into cubes.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Add chicken to bowl. Mix marinade well to make sure it has covered all of the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours (best overnight).
- Place chicken cubes on skewers.
- Preheat grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Cook chicken on grill until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve hot with side of potatoes or rice.
|Adding the chicken to the marinade. Remember to mix well.|
|Chicken and onions have been placed on the skewers. I like to soak my skewers in red wine for several hours - helps prevent them from burning while grilling.|
|The finished product - Little Miss L.'s plate. Yes, she is a big eater! Note: I also removed the skewers before she was able to get her little hands on them.|