- 1 1/2 lb (750g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups of Minute Rice long-grain white rice
- 2 cans (680 ml) tomato sauce (I prefer Hunt's Tomato Sauce, but you can use whatever brand you prefer or have on hand)
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated and divided
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Italian seasoning
- Use a large skillet on medium heat to cook meat, garlic, and onions.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Add red and green peppers. Cook until peppers are tender.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and tomato sauce, bring to a boil.
- Once sauce has come to a boil, add in Minute Rice, and stir. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serve hot.
|Cook meat, garlic and onions. Drain and add peppers.|
|Once tomato sauce has come to a boil, add in rice.|
|The finished product. Serve hot. A garden salad is the perfect side for this dish.|