Tuesday, April 26, 2011

easter weekend was full of surprises!

Easter weekend was a busy one, but we enjoyed every minute of it. It was a weekend jam-packed with friends and family; I love love love times like this - laughing so much my tummy hurts, sharing stories old and new, filling my belly with delicious food, and watching the faces of the young ones as they search for what the Easter bunny has left behind. I am one tired momma... and I think I might need a whole week to recover, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Here's a peek at what went down around here, but be forewarned, there are a lot of pictures to share :)
Daddy and Little Miss L. started the weekend off making Easter cards.
My little artist hard at work.
Baked up a batch of Easter cookies - more on those later in the post!
The hubby joined in on the fun and made an Easter cookie for his little girl.
The finished product...cute little bunny.
My little bunny all ready for church.
Once home from church, it was time to dye our Easter eggs.
Little Miss L. loved watching the little white ovals turn into beautiful colours of the rainbow.
One big egg-dying party, was so glad Little Miss L. had the chance to share the experience with her cousins.
The final product.
Little Miss L. making her famous silly faces, but she was so proud of her coloured egg.
First stop was for lunch was at my in-laws. I love when all off the family is able to get together.
My cute nephew showing us his moves.
After lunch, we were off to my parents house for dinner. Once there, Little Miss L.'s Easter basket made it onto the table as a centerpiece.
Yummy, I love love love food!
See I wasn't kidding when I told you I filled my belly - who wouldn't when you have this spread placed in front of you?
Enjoying our Easter dinner with my parents and grandparents.
Look what the Easter bunny brought Little Miss L... a cool new ride.
She absolutely loves her new toy - her face says it all.
To round up the weekend, we had a nice visit with my grandma. Little Miss L. absolutely adores her great-grandma.
So you may have been wondering why my Easter cookies were so important. Well, this weekend we decided to share the sex of our baby with everyone. We were trying to figure out the best way to spread the news, then it hit me! What better way to let your family know then handing them a yummy treat. That's right folks, blue bunnies mean we will be welcoming a little boy into our family this summer!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment