Friday, June 24, 2011

33 weeks

Weekly e-mail update:He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
How far along?: 33 weeks
How big is baby?:This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark.
Weight gain?: As of last week, I was up 19 pounds. I haven't weighed myself this week... let's hope I didn't pack on any more.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion. There have seen a few blood vessels that have popped.
Maternity clothes?: Have mostly been wearing dresses, they are so easy to wear and comfy when pregnant.
Food cravings?: Still on the apple kick.
Sleep?: Sleep has improved this week. I have been more comfortable lately, I haven't had as many bathroom breaks. The only complaint I have is the nasty leg cramps I have been getting in the middle of the night.
Gender?: Our little girl is going to have a brother.
Exercise?: Definitely slacked this week!
What's been going on?: This week has been a busy one, we have been on the go all week. Daddy has been home, and it has been great to spend the extra time with him. Daddy was in working mode, we finally finished staining the change table for the little guy's room (pictures to come soon). I was super excited this week because I had my ultrasound. It has been awhile since I saw the little guy, so I was anxious to see the difference from the last time. He is right on track and weighs over 3 1/2 pounds. The technician confirmed that our little guy was still indeed a boy, she also pointed out that he has some chubby cheeks on the go. It was great to see the little one growing bigger each day, I can't wait until I am able to hold him. To finish off the week, my girlfriends threw a beautiful baby shower. It was great to see everyone, and share my happiness of bringing another bundle of joy into the world. I must say this little one is spoiled already! Thanks again to all you wonderful ladies, it was a great night.
33 week belly.
33 week belly with pregnancy #1.
Pregnancy #1- look how high and pointy Little Miss L. was.
Little Miss L. decided she wanted to get in on the action today.
Mommy, why doesn't my belly look like yours?
Thanks again ladies for the awesome baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment