Thursday, June 16, 2011

father's day part 2

Hey everyone, this is a follow up post from yesterday. Little Miss L. was so excited to go and pick up her mug for father's day. She was so proud of herself, she kept telling me that she was the one who painted the mug and she made it just for her daddy. The mug turned out better than I could ask for, it totally represents my daughter's style - she loves bright colours and sparkles - that is exactly what the mug encompassed.

The next step was to wrap daddy's gift. I must say that I do enjoy gift bags, but I was looking for something a little different and decided that I would wrap daddy's gift with Little Miss L. I was browsing the net when I came across the idea of wrapping the present like a shirt and tie. I loved the idea because I could involve Little Miss L. in the process.  She had a great time wrapping the gift and loved adding all the special touches. Even though our wrapping job was not perfect - the paper was wrinkled, the tie's measurements were to be desired and the buttons were not in a straight line - I still loved the finished product because it had so much character! If you are looking for a neat way to wrap your father's day gift, look no further! It only requires a few steps and a few craft supplies.
The final product, Little Miss L. worked so hard.
Added the caption on the bottom so daddy would not forget when Little Miss L. made it for him.
Gift Wrapping Father's Day Present



Supplies
  • Wrapping paper or any paper you have on hand. It can be newspaper, old magazines, butcher paper etc.
  • Hot glue gun or glue
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Scotch tape
  • Buttons
Directions
  • Wrap your present with the desired wrapping paper.
  • Trace (I found a printable tie the internet) and cut out with scrapbook paper.
  • Glue or tape tie into wrapping paper.
  • Glue buttons onto wrapping paper.
There you have it folks, a completely handmade gift with special meaning for your fathers. To all the fathers out there, enjoy your weekend and remember how much you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment