Monday, June 20, 2011

a weekend full of celebration

This past weekend was a busy one but I wouldn't change it for anything. I love love love this time of year. The flowers are out, the barbecues are fired up, family gatherings are a weekly occurrence, and housework seems less of a priority these days.
This weekend, we headed down to my parents house to celebrate my grandmother's 86th birthday. All I have to say is that I hope when I reach her age I can be as witty, caring, and energetic as she is. Little Miss L. loves spending time with her great-grandmother and she loves telling her lots of stories... poor Nan heard an ear-full over the weekend.
We also celebrated father's day. I am one lucky girl, my baby daddy is one special man. He always seems to amaze me. My little girl adores her father and I love watching the two of them together. I also have to send a shout out to my daddy, as I could not ask for a better role model. He is a man of few words, but if you ever need anything, you know you can count on him to be there. Thanks to the men in my life, you make this world a better place.
We could have not asked for better weather - I know we have lots to do around the house and preparing for the little bean - but I have to stop myself and remember we only have a few short months of this beautiful weather and to spend precious moments like these with family and friends. Here's to more weekends filled with laughter, family, friends, sunscreen, cold drinks, and the gorgeous sun!
Daddy with his little girl on father's day.
Warm weather means bubble time.
Little Miss L. could spend hours outside with her bubbles.
I love love love flowers!
The little guy loves spending time outdoors.
Watch out, she is on a mission...
I caught myself off guard when I realized this was my shadow - the belly is growing and growing.
Family gatherings full of delicious appetizers.
Let's just say that this momma gained a good 5 pounds this weekend - how could I not with all this good food?!
Little Miss L. found the cake and was determined to get into it.
Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady. Little Miss L. had to help Nan blow out her candles.
Four generations.
What weekend would be complete without Little Miss L. picking on her uncle!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment