Saturday, July 2, 2011

34 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well.
How far along?: 34 weeks
How big is baby?:Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.
Weight gain?: Wait for it, wait for it...I am up a whopping 24 pounds!
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion. There have been a few blood vessels that have popped and my belly button is an outie now.
Maternity clothes?: Bring them on!
Food cravings?: I have now resorted back to my cold glass of milk craving. It is just so weird because milk usually is my last choice of beverage.
Sleep?: The tossing and the turning, when will it ever end?! It is so hard to get comfortable, and so hard to change from one side to the other. I am sure the hubby is ready to kick me out of the bed.
Gender?: Menino.
Exercise?: I have slacked on the walking this week, but for good reason - walking really brings on the braxton hicks contractions and they are super painful. People must think I am crazy because I probably look like I am going to give birth in the street! I must say that I have been exhausted this week, and running after a 20 month old is enough exercise for me.
What's been going on?: This week has been a tiring one. Little Miss L. decided that she did not want to sleep anymore, which meant many sleepless nights and a lot of rocking back and forth (my back is killing me) Without sleep during the evenings, it left me in a zombie-like state during the day. The hubby was out of town for a few days, and all Little Miss L. wanted was her daddy. I was so happy to see him walk through that door and so was my back. I had my routine check-up the other day with my ob/gyn and everything is looking good. The ultrasound came back right on track; the little bean is head down and filling out. Little Miss L. was excited to come to the appointment with me, as she has not been for recent appointments. She thinks it is the neatest thing when she gets to hear her baby brother's heartbeat. She has been on a kick lately and enjoys telling everyone she sees that she will be having a baby brother. The hubby and I were able to get a sneak peek at some of our photos from the the maternity shoot last week. I hope all my fellow Canadians had a fantastic Canada Day!
34 week belly.
34 weeky belly with pregnancy #1.
A sneak peek at our maternity photos.
Little Miss L. was in on the action too, she did such a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment