Friday, July 15, 2011

36 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position.
How far along?: 36 weeks
How big is baby?: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long.
Weight gain?: I have gained 26 pounds thus far.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion. There have been a few blood vessels that have popped and my belly button is an outie now.
Maternity clothes?: I have to say that I have been pretty lucky this pregnancy. I have not purchased any maternity clothing. I only purchased a few things with pregnancy #1 and have been able to re-use this time around. In both of my pregnancies, I was larger in the summer months and was able to wear sun dresses and bathing suits.
Food cravings?: This one really came out of left field but I love love love radishes this week.
Sleep?: I think my body is preparing me for the sleepless nights ahead. I toss and turn, have heartburn all night and let's not mention the leg craps!
Gender?: Can't wait to meet my son.
Exercise?: I have been going for my daily walks, even though it seems to bring on the braxton hicks contractions I still push myself to go.
What's been going on?: This week has been a busy one. The hubby was out of town, so it was just Little Miss L. and myself. Let's say that carrying around a 30 pound toddler is not what my back was hoping for. I happened to pull something back there, and things have not been good since. I definitely have felt extremely tired in the last week or so and I am hoping to pick up some energy somewhere and fast. I met with my ob/gyn this week, and everything is looking good. It is always great to hear the little man's heartbeat and I can't believe I only have a few weeks left before I will be holding him in my arms. We are still on the name hunt. This time around it has been so difficult to find a name that I am really passionate about. I don't want something too popular, but by the same token I do not want something that it too unique either. I think I have been stressing too much because I have been waking up in the middle of the night panicking that my poor boy will arrive and we will have no name. My goal this week was to start packing mine and the hubby's hospital bags but it hasn't happened yet... it is now this weekend's goal.
36 week belly.
36 week belly with pregnancy #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment