Saturday, July 30, 2011

38 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
How far along?: 38 weeks
How big is baby?: Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek).
Weight gain?: I did not go up in weight this week, I am still holding strong at 26 pounds.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion. There have been a few blood vessels that have popped and my belly button is an outie now.
Maternity clothes?: Bathing suits are a hit this week.
Food cravings?: Fruit popsicles are delicious.
Sleep?: What sleep, I seriously think I am awake 90% of the night which has been making for some long days.
Gender?: We get to meet our son soon.
Exercise?: This week has been hot but I have been determined to get my walk in everyday. The pace has been slower and more uncomfortable, but let's hope it helps this little man out. I have also been working on my kegels, pelvic tilt, squats and the Cobbler Pose.
What's been going on?: I am nearing the end of my pregnancy and I feel like it is going to take forever for his little guy to arrive. I am super uncomfortable, sick of the sleepless nights, sick of the contractions that aren't leading to anything, and I hate the feeling when I bend over to pick something up. Really, doing just about anything lately is uncomfortable...wow I guess I went off on a rant right there. I think the nerves are setting in and I am realizing the not so "fun" stuff of bringing a child into this world. I feel so unprepared this time around. I met with my doctor on Wednesday and things are still on track. Baby boy had a strong heartbeat - Little Miss L. informed the doctor he sounded like a washing machine - and my blood pressure and thyroid are doing just fine. Well, let's see what this weekend brings, maybe a new little bundle into this world? Have a great long weekend everyone!
38 weeks pregnant.
38 week belly.
38 week belly with pregnancy #1.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shanna,I hope that my being a guy won't keep you from accepting my comment.I looked at all of your maternity pics and they're all SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Your belly is so big and round and when it comes to outie bellybuttons poking out of pregnant bellies I LOVE'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete