Friday, September 30, 2011

apple crisp recipe

Yippee, it is Friday and I can't wait for the weekend to begin. If you are looking for a great fall recipe this weekend to keep you busy, then look no further... I have a scrumptious recipe for you. I love love love apple crisp, especially when I am able to use fresh apples from the orchard. This recipe I borrowed from my mother is fast and easy to do, and tastes great with vanilla ice cream. Have a fabulous weekend everyone and enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 4 cups of apples peeled and sliced (add more if you like, I usually do)
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/3 cup of flour
  • 1/3 cup of butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 cup of oats ( I like to add more)
Preparation
  • Take your apples and mix with sugar.
  • Butter your dish. I like to use a 9x13 inch pan.
  • Mix all remaining ingredients together.
  • Place apples in pan. 
  • Crumble oat mixture on top.
  • Bake for 30 minutes at 375F or until you see your apples have cooked down.

No comments:

Post a Comment