Tuesday, September 13, 2011

weekend catch-up

We were on the go go go this past weekend, hence the late post. I needed all day Monday to relax and recoup. Saturday, we got up early and headed to the 156th Spencerville fair. I love being able to take my children to an event that I have been attending since I was a young child. I can remember watching the parade and being excited to collect all the candy that is thrown into the crowd, riding the rides until I was ready to be sick, eating the tasty fair food, and seeing the animals such as horses and cows. I was excited to bring Little Miss L. to the fair this year because some of her favourite things right now are firetrucks and horses. Well, I was right - she loved every minute of it!

Sunday was a busy day as well... we woke up bright and early and headed out to get some family photos taken. I know that time passes by quickly and our children grow up extremely fast. I love photography and I love capturing precious moments when I can. I love looking back through my photo albums and remembering all the great times my family has had along the way. I wanted to make sure I captured Baby D while he is in the newborn stage. We spent several hours with a wonderful lady named Sandra and she was able to capture some beautiful photos of Baby D and our family. I can't wait to share them with all of you soon. After we finished our photo session, we headed to my grandparents' 60th Wedding Anniversary party. Our family gathered in the perfect location on the St. Lawrence River, we had a amazing meal, and shared some good ol' family time. To sum it up - a perfect weekend!
I love love love this cutie.
Baby D - tell us how you really feel about getting your picture taken?
Proud big sister.
156th Spencerville Fair parade.
Little Miss L. loves firetrucks - it was a must to take a picture of  her in front of one.
Little Miss L. loved the bagpipes.
Now those are some big pumpkins!
Every year, I look forward to this amazing chicken.
Yummy!
Little Miss L. driving the vintage tractor.
God-mommy telling Little Miss L. all about bunnies.
Little Miss L. favourite activity during the fair - feeding the goats.
The boys playing a little shuffleboard.
Such beautiful ladies I have in my family.
Baby D and his Great Aunt.
Look at this pair - a match made in heaven.
My stunning grandmother.
The happy couple celebrating their 60th Wedding Anniversary.
She is a big girl now!
Little Miss L. getting in on the shuffleboard action.
I love those cheeks - yes, he likes to eat.
Everyone enjoying their meals.
Little Miss L. and Baby D with their great grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment