Monday, January 30, 2012

weekend catch-up

I can't believe I am saying this, but I am going to say it again - we are all still fighting a darn cold in this household. I think back over the years and I don't recall getting sick as often as I have this winter season. It was another low-key weekend for the kiddies who mostly cuddled up on the couch. Saturday was spent doing all the so-called fun stuff, you know what I am talking about - grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry... oh the list goes on. I had a few moments to slip outdoors when the children were napping and take a few photos of the winter wonderland in our backyard. I had snapped about five photos when some friends decided to come and join me... this is one of the many reasons why I love our home.

Sunday morning, we got our butts out of bed, and headed to our friends brand spankin' new home. Let's just say that it is super gorgeous and we are so happy for the both of you. They put on a yummy brunch and it was great to catch up with everyone. The weekly gatherings my girls and I use to have has now turned into gatherings months in between, but it never ceases to amaze me that we start off right where we left off. The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for the coming week. We were hoping for an early night but the kiddies had something else in store for us... let the week begin.
I love the way the snow falls onto the trees.
It has been a white canvas in the last few days. All the tress have been covered in ice.
If you were wondering which friend decided to show up - well, here he is. Just as I was snapping away, he decided to come and join me. We sat looking at each other for a good ten minutes.
His friends decided to come and join the party too but they were a little shy and thought it would be better to look on from a far.

No comments:

Post a Comment