Wednesday, February 22, 2012

theme park, castles and more!

Alright, I know I've committed photo overload the last few days, but I couldn't help but share our trip to beautiful Quebec City. This is how we spent our last day in such a wonderful place. The city reminded me so much of Europe. It reminded me of all the things I love so much - great food, beautiful landscape, friendly people, and castles!
Now this is a what I call "awesome." 
We loved watching all the children come whizzing by us. Little Miss L. was dying to take her turn but this momma had to explain her brother was still a little young. 
Mommy and Little Miss L. in front of Château Frontenac.
Showing some sisterly love.
Little Miss L. said she was going to build castle just like the one behind her. I told her it might take her a long time.
Before heading home we knew we needed to tire the kids out. We stopped at the Galeries de la Capitale. It was the perfect spot for Little Miss L. to get her energy out. In the center of the mall was an amusement park and a skating rink.
We thought Little Miss L. would be too scared to climb on the larger rides but she was over the moon excited to pick out a balloon and go for a ride. She kept telling me she loved the wind blowing through her hair. Personally, I felt a little ill, but Little Miss L. wanted to go on it again. I am glad this momma talked her out of it because my tummy couldn't handle it.
Little Miss L. was happy when she spotted a hockey game taking place. She has never seen a game in person and she thought it was really cool. There was a hockey tournament taking place and these players came from all over the globe.
Only seconds away from a mental breakdown because mommy and daddy said she could not go on the carousel again.
Proud parent moment! Yes, these are the moments will cherish forever.
I never get sick of looking at this smiling face.
Little Miss L. had a huge jungle gym to run around on but she choose to stick with the mini-slide.
Before the long drive home, we had to fill our bellies with this - not the best idea when you are trying to watch calories but so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment