Thursday, February 9, 2012

valentine's lacing craft

Are you looking for a fun way to work on your child's fine motor skills? With Valentine's Day right around the corner, it is the perfect time to take the opportunity to make your every own lacing activities. This is a inexpensive, fast, and easy project. I stopped by our local dollar store and picked up a pack of pre-cut foam-shaped hearts and pink and white yarn. I pulled out my hole-punch and a roll of tape. I punched holes around the edge of the heart about 2cm apart, cut a piece of yarn and taped the ends. Voila! It literally took all of two minutes to complete.

Little Miss L. loved threading the yarn though the holes and I loved the fact she was developing her fine motor skills. We need to remember that fine motor skills are the foundation children often need before they learn handwriting. Lacing activities are a great option to match with different themes or holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment