|Sorry, the pic is a little blurry but I was just so excited to dig in, I couldn't get a good pic.|
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling (I used the normal sized chips)
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together for 60 seconds.
- With the mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture, then the salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Garnish with additional mini chocolate chips. Serve with animal crackers, Nilla wafers, or graham crackers. I found that this tasted better the colder it got.