Wednesday, May 16, 2012

mother's day

As I sit here reflecting on this past Mother's Day, I am more and more thankful for the women in my life... the ones who will be bringing new life into this world, those who have been there by my side, and those who have touched my life in one way or another. As I was smothered with hugs and kisses all day long, I am reminded how lucky I am to be a daughter, wife, and mother.

Many of you know my grandmother has been battling cancer over the last several months. Since surgery over a month ago, she is still in the hospital recovering. We all gathered in our van (see it's good for something) and headed to Kingston for Mother's Day to spend it with my Nan. She was delighted to see us all arrive and the kids love spending time with her. It was the best condition I have seen my grandmother in months. She was up walking about and making jokes. I hope this means we are on a good path to recovery from here on out.

Little Miss L. thought the hospital had some pretty cool stuff to get her little hands on and she enjoyed talking to all the patients. Seeing my grandmother improving was the best Mother's Day present I could receive. After an afternoon with Nan, we headed out for dinner with my momma. Let's just say there is a reason we don't eat out often - as soon as we got to the resto, Baby D decided he was tired and cranky. He wouldn't sit and didn't want to have anything to eat. Little Miss L. decided to sit all of 10 minutes and then she was ready to leave too. Sorry, Mom, for the quick dinner.

To all of the momma's out there, keep being you! I hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day.
Three generations.
Little Miss L. was zooming about the hospital.
Four generations.
My handsome men.
Thanks Baby D - you rock too!
Nan and my momma. Two of the strongest people I know.
Baby D telling Nan a story.
I wonder who is the bigger kid?
Having some fun with grandpa.
TROUBLE!
Thanks Uncle Gord for the yummy cake and ice cream.
I really wanted a nice family shot for Mother's Day but of course I have two little ones who never want to cooperate.
My little man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment