Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY green apple centerpiece

Are you hosting a party or just want to spruce up your house with a beautiful centerpiece? It only takes a few minutes to put together this green and white creation. You may remember this post on my girlfriends rustic backyard wedding reception after which I had several people contact me asking where she ordered her centerpieces from - I was happy to report that my girlfriend purchased a couple of bouquets of flowers (white and lime green carnations, and green spider mums) at Costco, picked up a few bags of granny smith apples, and borrowed the glass bowls from this momma (which I purchased at the Dollar Store a few years back.)

We tossed in the granny smith apples, cut the flowers to our liking, placed them in the bowl, topped it up with some water and volia, a beautiful centerpiece. I love love love this rustic and earthy centerpiece but the best part is that you can DIY!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE these, but cannot find those glass bowls anywhere (at a reasonable price!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walmart....5.99

      Delete
    2. I found mine at the Dollar Store. I know in the Ottawa and Brockville area these are available right now. I know they have a few different styles- some smaller in size.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shanna, I was wondering if I might have permission to feature this picture with a link back to you in an article I'm writing for BrightSettings.com? You can reach me at melissa at thehappierhomemaker dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,

      I tried messaging you but for some reason I keep getting an error message. Is there another address I could message you at? Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Are the apples okay to eat after sitting in the water with the flowers?

    ReplyDelete