Monday, October 15, 2012

thanksgiving

I have been under the weather this past week, along with two other members of our household which means I am behind on my posts. I quickly want to share a few photos from our thanksgiving dinner on my father's side - my aunt has a beautiful backyard which we ventured out to enjoy while we were there.

It was a great afternoon spent with family and catching up with everyone. We had an awesome surprise visit from my cousin Derek who traveled all the way from India, dined on yummy food, missed and chatted about those who were not there to join us, and finished off the evening gathered around the television to watch an old video of my father as a young boy growing up. My father and family are so lucky to have such great memories captured on film to share with their loved ones. I see so many similarities of my son and my father when he was a young child. It also reminded me how much I have been slacking lately in the video department. I hope to someday provide my children with the same pleasure of witnessing precious moments in their lives.

I love spending time with family, and gatherings like these remind me how lucky we are to have such loving and caring people in our lives. I hope all of you had a fabulous long weekend.
The enchanted forest as I like to call it.
Grandma and grandpa with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Our attempt at a group shot.
Pretty good looking family :)
My beautiful grandmother. One radiant women. 
Little Miss L. and cousin Katie.
Best part of the evening , everyone gathered around watching fabulous memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment