Thursday, June 27, 2013

tall ships

I feel like I continue to repeat myself, but here I go again... I am behind on my posts (along with a list of other things I'm behind on) but I wanted to share our Father's Day weekend with all of you. We headed down on Saturday to enjoy the Tall Ships 1812 Tour as they stopped in historic Brockville. We brought along my in-laws for the day and the kids (and their dad!) could not stop talking all week about going to this festival.

As we arrived, we were greeted by the wonderful farmer's market. Well, if you know our family - we like to eat. The very first stop was to fill our bellies with some scrumptious food. The hubby and I opted for the pad thai and spring rolls and the kiddos opted for the good ol' jumbo hot dogs. After we had our fill of food, we were off to explore the beautiful ships that awaited us.

Everyone had a great time going on the different sized ships, hearing stories about each of them, meeting the crew, and soaking in the beautiful surrounding of the St.Lawrence river.

Brockville provided us with great entertainment for the children as they had a petting zoo, jumping castles, pirate shows, and so much more.

It was the perfect day spent with some wonderful people. If you have the opportunity to catch this tour somewhere near you, please do as you won't be disappointed.
There were so many delicious treats available at the farmer's market.
Little Miss L. was so excited to have this pirate serve up her lunch.
Having lunch with grandpa.
Three generations enjoying their time on the tall ships.
One of Baby D's favourite ships.
We may have found two little skippers.
Momma with her girl.
See, this is how it is done momma.
Two great fathers :)
Little Miss L. hanging out with the doctor and his nurse.
My two handsome men.
Sexy couple.
Our attempt at a nice family photo. 
All dressed up and ready for battle.
It's a pirate's life we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment