Monday, August 12, 2013

showered with love

This past Saturday, Baby x and I were showered with love by an amazing group of ladies (and little ones too.) Being the third child to arrive in our family, I didn't expect to have a baby shower. Well, I was surprised when my girlfriend Jenn sent me a message telling me to make sure I cleared my calendar because the girls were getting together to celebrate the impending arrival of Baby x. I could not have been more excited and honoured.

As I walked in the door, I was greeted with lots of smiles and quite the spread - I am telling you, it is a pregnant woman's dream to walk into a scrumptious brunch with lots of sweet treats to fill my belly. If you know me, you know I have a sweet tooth and love love love my candy... well let's just say that sweet tooth was satisfied.

It was a wonderful afternoon catching up, having a few laughs, being spoiled with goodies, hanging out with the little ones who brighten our lives (I decided to leave my kiddos with daddy so mommy could have some alone time,) and stuffing our bellies.

I can not thank you enough Jenn for hosting such a lovely afternoon and thank you to my ladies for always supporting and showering our family with love. We are truly blessed.

Okay, I had to share a few photos, but I will warn you that if you are hungry, you may not want to scroll down.
I love Mason jars and Jenn found these awesome blue ones.
Fruit kabobs and strawberry shortcake cupcakes.
These were absolutely delicious. 
My favourite part :)
Veggie and ham quiche which were heavenly.
I love me some salad.
Little Miss E. loved the food as well.
Mr. B showing me his serious face. 
I love this face.
Group shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment