Tuesday, October 8, 2013

apple orchard

I haven't found much time to blog lately and it would be easy for me to skip over some of our activities and just post the more up-to-date stuff but one of the reasons why I started this blog was to have a place where my children could some day look back on their childhood to remember the memories we created as a family whether they were big or small. Well, with that said over the next little bit I am going to update you guys with all the fun stuff our family of five has been up to, so bear with me.

Fall is one of my most favourite times of the year. I love love love the cooler days with lots of sunshine. The beautiful colours that make our landscape and let's not forget fall food is the BEST! There is something about fall that just relaxes me. Summer is so busy running from here to there and the fall brings about change as our family slows down a bit and allows us to enjoy the small things in life like family walks, apple picking, checking out the pumpkin patch and so much more.

A couple of weekends ago we headed to our local apple orchard. The kids had been nagging the hubby and I for weeks to head to the orchard. Remarkably, they both remembered going the year before and exactly what they did while they were there. So, it was off to the orchard we went but this time with a new member in the family, my girlfriend and her cutie putie son. It was a gorgeous day and the orchard was full of delicious apples this year.

The kids loved every moment of it- the wagon ride, the juicy apples, the family time, climbing up the ladder and of course hanging from the trees. We filled our bellies/bags full of goodies and made sure we left with a big jug of apple cider ( I absolutely love hot apple cider with cinnamon.)

Fall would not be the same without this family outing...
Growing up...
My handsome little man.
Time to pick some apples.
Apple picking is serious business.
Sleeping on the job.
I think Baby D ate more apples than he picked.
Mom, they are so juicy and why aren't they already peeled?
Attempt at a group photo of the kiddos.
Momma bear with Baby C.
I like hanging out in boxes.
She was a climbing machine.
My boys :)
I still can't believe I get to wake up to these cute boys.
I am flying!
Nothing sexier than my man with his babies.
First family photo at the apple orchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment